Cashew Snow Pea Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups fresh snow peas, halved
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews
- In a large bowl, combine peas, cauliflower, celery and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and salad dressing; pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Sprinkle with bacon and cashews.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 159 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 297mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 lean meat.
Jun 9, 2016
I used snap peas as I did not see snow peas at the market today when I was shopping! I used RED onion, since I'd had that available. In place of sour cream & light Ranch-style dressing, I'd used a 5.3-oz. carton plain non-fat Greek yogurt and 1/2 cup fat-free Ranch dressing. I kept the cauliflower, celery & cashews as is. I omitted the bacon and used about 1/2 to 3/4 cup quartered red seedless grapes. This recipe is delicious! Thank you for sharing!delowenstein
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.