Cashew-Pecan Pie Bars
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped cashews
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with foil; grease the foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, syrup and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the cashews, pecans and cream.
- Pour over crust. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Using foil, lift bars out of pan. Discard foil; cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 340 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 25, 2015
These bars are fantastic. Could eat the whole pan by myself! This recipe is a keeper for sure. The only change I would make is to cut back on the salt. But then, I never salt my food so maybe that's why the crust tasted salty to me.
Dec 29, 2013
Fabulous taste - this is my new favorite "pecan pie" bar recipe. I will definitely be making/sharing this again and again! (I like them best when they are cold.)
Dec 22, 2013
I made these bars and they turned out hard as a rock. I couldn't even cut into them. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?.. I'd like to make them again. [email protected]
Nov 30, 2013
Nov 11, 2013
I did make this and it is awesome! Very easy to do if you follow the directions, I used a grater to grate the butter rather than cube it because it makes cutting it into the flour much easier. Lining the pan with foil was genius and it made cooling and cutting it a breeze. Definitely will make this again.
Nov 11, 2013
I must take exception to the glowing review from Maureen. Just because something sounds great doesn't necessarily mean it will be. I think reviews should be based on actual making of the recipe. I've tried tons of recipes that read great, but turned out less so, and I'm a good cook.
Nov 9, 2013
I haven't tried this one yet, but it has to be a great recipe and worthy of being rated very high. This is going to be made for Christmas with all my children & grandchildren they love cashews, maple syrup and shortbread. All their favorites in one bar.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.