Cashew Pear Melts
Pears, cashews and melted cheese top slices of cinnamon-raisin bread in this out-of-the-ordinary entree from Amy Renfroe of Key Largo, Florida. "These open-faced sandwiches make a yummy main course for breakfast or brunch," says Amy, a former preschool director. "They're great for snacking, too."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 2 to 3 medium ripe pears, sliced
- 4 slices Colby or Monterey Jack cheese
- Place bread on a baking sheet. Spread with butter; top with cashews, pears and cheese. broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 610 calories, 33g fat (17g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 650mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 8g fiber), 23g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.