- 1 tablespoon plus 1 pound butter (no substitutes), divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 cups cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate or vanilla or white chips, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon shortening
- Grease two baking sheets using 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, water, corn syrup and remaining butter. Cook and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage), stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in the cashews. Quickly pour onto prepared pans. Spread with a buttered metal spatula. Cool on wire racks.
- Coarsely chop half of the candy and store in an airtight container. Use as an ice cream topping. Break remaining candy into pieces. Melt chocolate chips and shortening in a heavy saucepan or microwave at 70% power; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each candy piece into melted chips. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet to dry. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Reviews forCashew Nut Crunch
"Best Recipe. I loved it. Thanks for sharing the wonderful recipe with us. Buy Cashew nuts online at http://www.mangalorespice.com"