Cashew Noodle Casserole
Chow mein noodles and cashews give this dish a delectable crunch. Whenever I take it to potlucks, it disappearers before my eyes. You can make the casserole and freeze it; stir in the chow mein noodles just before serving.—Marion Petersson, Wetaskiwin, Alberta
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces fine egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (6 ounces) chow mein noodles
- 1 cup whole cashews
- In a skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the mushrooms; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the soup, milk, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer egg noodles, beef mixture and soup mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and chow mein noodles.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cashews.
Store roasted cashews in an airtight can or jar for about 1 month at room temperature. In the refrigerator or freezer, they'll stay fresh for about 1 year.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 558 calories, 32g fat (12g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 1039mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Cashew Noodle Casserole in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.