Cashew Mango Grilled Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup mango chutney, chopped
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup lightly salted cashews, chopped
- Additional mango chutney, optional
- Mix together first four ingredients until blended.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper flakes; place on an oiled grill rack over medium heat. Grill chicken, covered, until a thermometer reads 170°, 6-8 minutes per side, brushing with chutney mixture during the last 5 minutes. Serve with mango; top with cashews and, if desired, additional chutney.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 308 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 537mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Aug 15, 2017
Trisha, you've never yet steered me wrong. We loved-loved-loved this recipe! I made it for the two of us, using two large chicken thighs and halving the remaining ingredients, except that I omitted the red pepper flakes (my preferred brand of chutney is spicy on its own) and added two small containers of diced mango in extra-light syrup, which I drained thoroughly. I was able to find cashew butter online, at approximately half the cost of the only brand carried by my local grocer.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.