Cashew Ginger Cookie Twists
This is a fun cookie for a party or cookie exchange. You can also dip just one side in melted dark chocolate and sprinkle with orange zest or finely chopped cashews. —Carole Hold, Mendota Heights, MN
Total TimePrep: 55 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted cashews
- 1-1/2 cups white baking chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Beat first four ingredients until blended; beat in egg and vanilla. Place 1/4 cup flour and cashews in a food processor; pulse until cashews are ground. Add remaining flour; pulse to blend. Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Divide dough in half; shape each into a 10-in.-long log. Wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap and cut each log into twenty 1/2-in. slices. Roll each slice into an 8-in. rope; shape each into a pretzel. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until edges are light brown, 8-10 minutes. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt baking chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip tops of cookies in baking chips; sprinkle with crystallized ginger. Let stand until set.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 113 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.