Cashew Curried Beef
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or soy sauce
- 8 cups chopped bok choy
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked brown rice
- In a large skillet, saute beef in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Spoon 1/2 cup cream from top of coconut milk and place in the pan. Add remaining oil; bring to a boil. Add curry paste; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until oil separates from coconut milk mixture.
- Stir in the brown sugar, fish sauce and remaining coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add bok choy and red pepper; return to a boil. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the cashews, cilantro and beef; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 469 calories, 35g fat (18g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 873mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Mar 25, 2015
Have made this with both steak and chicken thighs, sliced thin. I increased paste to 1 1/4 tbl. I also used cabbage instead of bok choy when I did the chicken thighs.
Jun 5, 2013
I think I would try to add a few things....some garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, ginger? or peanut butter. I did add some broccoli and carrots and that was good.
Jun 5, 2013
I think I would try to add a few things....some garlic, salt, red pepper flakes? or peanut butter. I did add some broccoli and carrots and that was good.
May 29, 2012
I used the light coconut milk and it worked out great.
Nov 6, 2011
Very easy and delicious. A keeper, for sure!
Sep 22, 2011
Easy and delicious :)
Sep 17, 2011
My husband and I really enjoyed this! We felt the flavor combination was quite good, although we will probably increase the curry for our taste.
Aug 31, 2011
This was great! I used chicken thighs and it turned out great! Thank you! Perfect combination of flavors.
Aug 17, 2011
The flavors in this are wonderful.
Jun 8, 2011
I made the recipe exactly as it is stated and it was good. I think for my taste, I'll add a little more red curry paste next time as I really didn't get any of the heat when I ate it. I would also like to try it with chicken...think that would taste yummy, too! What fun to be able to use bok choi from our local farmer's market to make this yummy dish!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.