I tried this recipe with some friends one night when we were doing freezer meals. I was smitten! It's quick, easy and so delicious! —Anita Beachy, Bealeton, Virginia
- 8 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, cornstarch and garlic. Add chicken. In a large skillet, saute chicken mixture in peanut and sesame oils until no longer pink. Add onions; cook 1 minute longer.
- Drain noodles; stir into skillet. Add cashews and chili sauce and heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cashew Chicken with Noodles in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011, p26
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Cashew Chicken with Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review