- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped salted cashews
- 1/2 cup chopped red apple
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 6 lettuce leaves, optional
- 6 kaiser rolls or croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cashews, apple and cucumber. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, salt and pepper. Add to chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Place a lettuce leaf if desired and 1/2 cup chicken salad on each roll bottom; replace tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCashew Chicken Salad Sandwiches
"Perfect recipe... Made just as written except I added no sugar! Didn't miss it at all, and it was delicious."
"it was ok... not very interesting.. won't make again"
"I make this all the time, always delicious."
"This was good but it was missing something."
"I made this for a group of men and they loved it. If I were eating it, I would want more sauce, I thought it appeared dry but they thought it was great!"
"Very delicious, easy and fast to make. I will defiantly be making this on the regular for my family. Try a wrap instead of a bun like I did."
"I make this recipe at least once a month. I use English cucumbers and don't peel them. And since I don't eat bread or rolls, I substituted that for flour tortillas which I will eat once in a while. This recipe has been passed along to friends."