- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral or rotini pasta
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- 1 package (5 ounces) dried cranberries
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups salted cashews
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, pineapple, celery, onions, grapes and cranberries. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into chicken mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the ranch dressing and mayonnaise. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in cashews. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCashew-Chicken Rotini Salad
"I rated this 5 stars awhile back and made it again recently. I had to change it up because of preferences and availability and it was still awesome. I used a 15 oz. can of mandarin oranges instead of the pineapple (if I had 2 cans it would have been even better with more), I didn't have celery or green onions so I added one teaspoon each celery seed and onion powder to the dressing plus some shredded carrots for crunch, used 2 cups red grapes (no green) and no cashews."
"I thought the pasta would be a nice change from the usual chicken salad, but it turned out to be way, way too dry. I even added more mayo than was called for to try to loosen it up, but it remained bad. The ingredients were nice, so I guess it was the dressing that ruined it for us. I'll go back to my cantaloupe-grape chicken salad for the summer."
"Love this recipe. I took this to a friend who had surgery and she wanted the recipe to make it for a reception for her son's wedding. So good! My kids love to have this in the warmer months. I will make up a batch for them to have as their after-school snack during the week."
"I don't make often because of the cal. & fat content, but we do LOVE this! I used gf brown rice elbow macaroni today that worked equally as well. So Yummy! Thanks Kara!"
"I've used salted sunflower seeds in place of cashews for those with nut allergies. Every time I make this I get rave reviews and recipe requests."
"I made this salad for Homecoming at our church and it got rave reviews! It is a wonderful combination of ingredients, flavors and textures."
"Agreed! Great recipe"
"Delicious recipe. I subbed out toasted sliced almonds for the cashews. Will definitely be making this again!"
"So good. Family favourite! Thank you!"