- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral or rotini pasta
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- 1 package (5 ounces) dried cranberries
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups salted cashews
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, pineapple, celery, onions, grapes and cranberries. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into chicken mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the ranch dressing and mayonnaise. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in cashews. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCashew-Chicken Rotini Salad
"I thought the pasta would be a nice change from the usual chicken salad, but it turned out to be way, way too dry. I even added more mayo than was called for to try to loosen it up, but it remained bad. The ingredients were nice, so I guess it was the dressing that ruined it for us. I'll go back to my cantaloupe-grape chicken salad for the summer."
"Love this recipe. I took this to a friend who had surgery and she wanted the recipe to make it for a reception for her son's wedding. So good! My kids love to have this in the warmer months. I will make up a batch for them to have as their after-school snack during the week."
"I don't make often because of the cal. & fat content, but we do LOVE this! I used gf brown rice elbow macaroni today that worked equally as well. So Yummy! Thanks Kara!"
"I've used salted sunflower seeds in place of cashews for those with nut allergies. Every time I make this I get rave reviews and recipe requests."
"I made this salad for Homecoming at our church and it got rave reviews! It is a wonderful combination of ingredients, flavors and textures."
"Agreed! Great recipe"
"Delicious recipe. I subbed out toasted sliced almonds for the cashews. Will definitely be making this again!"
"So good. Family favourite! Thank you!"
"I have to agree with everyone else on here this salad is great! I have taken this to many functions and almost always asked for the recipe, especially in the summertime this is a very refreshing salad...The only thing is when I made this for my family who we all love nuts, were not crazy about the cashews so I almost never put the nuts in and also taking this salad places so many people are allergic to nuts and I have taken it before and put the nuts on the side but even then no one goes all out for them so anymore I simply leave them out and still get rave reviews about this recipe..Definitely a keeper!"