Cashew Chicken for Two
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 5 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/3 cup lightly salted cashews, toasted
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute celery and onion in 2 teaspoons oil until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in remaining oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Add the peas, broth, mushrooms and celery mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cashews; serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 573 calories, 26g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1425mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 36g protein.
Dec 28, 2010
It was pretty bland. I would add much more ginger, and maybe garlic.
Sep 29, 2009
My husband is not a chicken or oriental cuisine fan but he enjoyed this and said he would like to have it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.