Cashew Chicken Bake
I first tasted this easy chicken dish at the home of a good friend years ago. I've made it many times since for my husband, who likes it as much as I do.—Ruth Olson, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups cooked small pasta
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup salted cashew halves
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, pasta, mayonnaise, cheese, pimientos, onion, salt and pepper. Chop 1/4 cup cashews; set aside. Stir the remaining cashews into chicken mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with chopped cashews. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 641 calories, 51g fat (10g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 710mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Cashew Chicken Bake in Country Woman May/June 1999