- 1 package (16 ounces) fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup pineapple preserves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Place carrots and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and keep warm.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, combine the preserves, sugar, butter and salt; cook on high for 1-2 minutes or until preserves are melted. Pour over carrots; toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCarrots with Pineapple Glaze
"Love the flavor, but I think I would like it better cooking the carrots on the stove and then adding the glaze ingredients...it might coat them better, too."
"Overall this recipe tasted very good but I had a few problems with it. The first time I tried this, I let the carrots microwave, longer that stated after reading other reviews but they burned in the microwave. The second time, I cooked the carrots on the stove top for 8-10 minutes in boiling water. I followed the recipe and tried to fix the sauce in the microwave but it exploded and made a mess. This recipe seems better suited for stove-top prepration."
"Excellent! I agree w/ the longer cooking time, just check on the carrots as they are cooking to judge how much longer they need. I didn't have pineapple preserves so I substituted raspberry ~ still turned out great!"
"This was sweet and delicious, and made an excellent side dish. The carrots came out half-way between crunchy and soft, which was a perfect combination. I would 100% make this again!"
"My family loved these carrots. I did cook them longer to make the carrots more tender. This will be a staple in our house."
"Thanks for the heads-up on the cooking time. I do wish microwave recipes would alwaus include the wattage of the oven used for the times included."
"I just made this for dinner and it was delicious but...the recipe was misleading. It took much longer than 4-6 minutes to cook the carrots in the microwave--more like 10-12 minutes."