- 8 cups sliced carrots
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- Place carrots in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook until tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Drain carrots; add onion, soup, mushrooms and Parmesan cheese. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCarrots Supreme
"I used two cans of cooked carrots, which makes this a very quick and pantry-friendly side dish"
"I did make adjustments by using 4 cups sliced COOKED baby carrots, 1 lb.2oz.-can Progresso Creamy Mushroom soup, 1 small onion, chopped, 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese in place of Parmesan cheese and 1/2 box turkey stuffing mix, using 1 cup water and 2 Tbsp. Light Smart Balance, 1 cup of the stuffing mix for the topping in place of the soft bread crumbs. I didn't use any butter to saute the onion-I just added the onion to the sliced carrots, mushroom soup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and Cheddar cheese. I also did omit the canned mushrooms. I then topped with the prepared stuffing and I baked at 350o F. for 45 minutes, uncovered. This dish I'd wanted to try and since there were a # of ingredients which I DID have available, I tested this recipe! Thank you for sharing this carrot dish! delowenstein"
"This is the second time I made this dish - the first time I made this my hubby was "trying" to help me out. Bad Idea! He thought I was making sweet potato casserole and ADDED MARSHMALLOWS to this! I didn't realize this until I took it out of the oven."