Carrots on the Grill
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound large carrots, halved lengthwise
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, oil, ginger, vinegar and garlic. Add carrots; toss to coat.
- With tongs, place carrots on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until tender, turning and basting frequently with soy sauce mixture.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 121 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 640mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 29, 2013
I followed LibbiPeaches advice, reduced amount of oil,basted them on the grill rather than tossing them in the mixture and I used a clamshell grill and they turned out perfectly!! I will cook these carrots again once a week for sure. Thanks for a wonderful recipe.
Sep 21, 2011
Tried it again, however, instead of tossing them in the oil mixture, i basted them on the grill instead. I had much better results.
Aug 30, 2011
I have made this one twice, and both times the carrots ended up burnt. I think it is way too much oil in the recipe and will be trying less next time, as well as perhaps cooking over indirect heat perhaps. If i get it to work, i will be back to say how.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.