THIS simple dish has a surprise in flavor with the touch of lemon and a fresh taste with the addition of parsley. The great color makes any entree pleasing to the eye.
Recommended: 40 Ways to Love Roasted Veggies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh carrots, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; set carrots aside.
- In the same pan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the parsley, lemon juice and salt. Return carrots to the pan and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Carrots in Lemon-Parsley Butter in Reminisce October/November 2006, p48