- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup shredded peeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add alternately with orange juice to carrot mixture. Pour into two greased and floured 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews forCarrot Zucchini Bread
"The taste was good. However, there is TOO much baking powder which makes it collapse. Going to try 1 teaspoon next time and will re-rate at that time."
"I baked as directed and these turned out as flat as could be. Any suggestions? I used the tablespoon of baking powder and it wasn't expired- so, no other clues! Tasted great, though!!"