Carrot Walnut Cake
The secret ingredient in this cake is mayonnaise! It gives it such a great and tangy flavor. It will be a favorite of your family.—Ardyce Piehl, Poynette, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (12 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in carrots and nuts. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Spread with frosting. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 424 calories, 26g fat (6g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Walnut Carrot Cake in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2nd Edition
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.