Carrot Tortellini Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese-filled spinach tortellini
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 8 to 12 small fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook both types of tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine tortellini and remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 328 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 702mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Feb 7, 2020
The good news on this recipe is it is very easy to make. I was a bit disappointed on the flavor of the Carrot tortellini salad though. I did add fresh parsley to it as well, hoping that both the basil and parsley would add additional flavor. I think the 1 tbsp. of parmesan cheese is too little as well. After making this I would add 1/2 cup of parmesan grated or shaved cheese
Apr 30, 2011
I made this for an Easter picnic because it had carrots in it and looked pretty and spring-like with the orange carrots and the green tortellini. It was well recieved by the family. I thought it was somewhat lacking in flavor, but others said they liked it just the way it was. I didn't add any salt to the cooking water for the tortellini, so maybe that was the problem. I did add an extra green onion. As I was eating it I thought it could use a little more fresh basil and maybe a jar of marinated artichoke hearts (also spring-like) with their marinade. I think I'll try that next time.
Jun 20, 2010
This was very easy to throw together for a BBQ. Everyone loved it. I used frozen tortellini and it was still good. I also like to add some extra carrots because 2 just didn't seem like quite enough.
Jun 5, 2010
This was a big hit at my BBQ. I used frozen tortellini and it still came out great.