Carrot Tortellini Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese-filled spinach tortellini
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 8 to 12 small fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook both types of tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine tortellini and remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 328 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 702mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Apr 30, 2011
I made this for an Easter picnic because it had carrots in it and looked pretty and spring-like with the orange carrots and the green tortellini. It was well recieved by the family. I thought it was somewhat lacking in flavor, but others said they liked it just the way it was. I didn't add any salt to the cooking water for the tortellini, so maybe that was the problem. I did add an extra green onion. As I was eating it I thought it could use a little more fresh basil and maybe a jar of marinated artichoke hearts (also spring-like) with their marinade. I think I'll try that next time.
Jun 20, 2010
This was very easy to throw together for a BBQ. Everyone loved it. I used frozen tortellini and it was still good. I also like to add some extra carrots because 2 just didn't seem like quite enough.
Jun 5, 2010
This was a big hit at my BBQ. I used frozen tortellini and it still came out great.