Carrot Raisin Bread Recipe
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before final kneading (you machine may audibly signal this), add walnuts and raisins. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
1 slice: 134 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Carrot Raisin Bread
"I followed recipe as stated. It?s a bit salty to my taste. I used 1 teaspoon salt to make the second loaf. It turned out just right. Other than that, this is a good recipe."