Carrot Potato Casserole Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cups grated peeled uncooked potatoes
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; add 1/2 cup cheese, stirring until melted. Add the potatoes, carrots and onion.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 198 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 468mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Carrot Potato Casserole
"Very good. I didn't shred, but chopped the potatoes and carrots into small pieces instead. I also added some celery and added all the cheese to the sauce instead of putting half on top. Baked for 1 1/2 hours."