- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a saucepan, saute carrots and onion in butter until tender. Add rice and stir to coat. Stir in broth and lemon pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCarrot Pilaf
"Instead of rice, I made the dish with fresh pasta. Delicious."
"I picked this recipe to try something new. It wasn't a bad recipe, but it wasn't great. However, it was really easy to make. I just don't think I will make it again."
"I was so happy to come across this recipe. It was so good, easy and inexpenseve I passed it on the several family and friends that same night!"