Carrot Nut Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a bowl, beat sugar, oil and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; add to the sugar mixture alternately with eggs. Mix well. Stir in carrots, coconut, pineapple and 1/2 cup pecans. Pour into a greased and floured 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. Garnish with remaining nuts. Store in the refrigerator.
Nov 6, 2011
Everyone loved this cake at work.
Jul 30, 2011
I took this to work for a treat and it received a 5 star rating from everyone. Super moist
Nov 15, 2010
this is an awesome carrot cake, I get great reviews and many request for every holiday. We used this as a grooms cake at our wedding was awesome Beth
Sep 8, 2010
the amount of oil and sugar were too much... next time i do it i will reduce these... otherwise cake was very good.
Apr 29, 2010
I forgot to rate this. It is deserving of five stars.
Apr 29, 2010
This recipe was truly amazing. I made it for a friends birthday and it came out better than I thought. Absolutely perfect. I will definitely make this cake again. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.