Carrot Nut Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a bowl, beat sugar, oil and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; add to the sugar mixture alternately with eggs. Mix well. Stir in carrots, coconut, pineapple and 1/2 cup pecans. Pour into a greased and floured 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. Garnish with remaining nuts. Store in the refrigerator.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 6, 2011
Everyone loved this cake at work.
Jul 30, 2011
I took this to work for a treat and it received a 5 star rating from everyone. Super moist
Nov 15, 2010
this is an awesome carrot cake, I get great reviews and many request for every holiday. We used this as a grooms cake at our wedding was awesome Beth
Sep 8, 2010
the amount of oil and sugar were too much... next time i do it i will reduce these... otherwise cake was very good.
Apr 29, 2010
I forgot to rate this. It is deserving of five stars.
Apr 29, 2010
This recipe was truly amazing. I made it for a friends birthday and it came out better than I thought. Absolutely perfect. I will definitely make this cake again. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.