Carrot Mushroom Medley
The carrots make this side dish both colorful and tasty. It's great to serve to family and friends.—Jeanie Beers, Montgomery, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 2-inch julienned strips
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large skillet, saute vegetables and seasonings in butter for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 112 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 9, 2014
I grow lots of carrots so I'm always looking for new ways to serve them. I made these carrots for supper tonight and my husband and I really enjoyed them! I will definitely be making this recipe again!