Carrot Mushroom Medley
The carrots make this side dish both colorful and tasty. It's great to serve to family and friends.—Jeanie Beers, Montgomery, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 2-inch julienned strips
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large skillet, saute vegetables and seasonings in butter for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 112 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Carrot Mushroom Medley in The Best of Country Cooking 2005
Feb 9, 2014
I grow lots of carrots so I'm always looking for new ways to serve them. I made these carrots for supper tonight and my husband and I really enjoyed them! I will definitely be making this recipe again!