I love carrot cake and those made with cranberries. Using leftover cranberry sauce, I add carrots to make one marvelous cake that’s tangy and sweet. —Elizabeth King, Duluth, Minnesota
Featured In: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup grated carrots (about 2 medium)
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, brown sugar, oil and cranberry sauce until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cloves; gradually beat into cranberry mixture. Stir in carrots.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Carrot-Cranberry Spice Cake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p167