Carrot Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/3 cups chopped carrots, cooked and pureed
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugars until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the cream, cornstarch, sour cream, vanilla, lemon juice and cinnamon. Fold in carrots.
- 3. Pour into crust. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Place in a larger baking pan. Add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes until center is just set.
- 4. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over filling. Bake 7-10 minutes longer. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 398 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Carrot Cheesecake
"I am leaving a 5 star review on this recipe because not only did I think it was really delicious, but I am also the one who made and submitted this recipe - so it means a lot to me. Thank you everyone for the great reviews it means so much and to whom said thank you to me, you are so very welcome! Misty WellmanNow in Houston, TX and a mommy of three"
"Excellent, my family loved it! I omitted the streusel topping and baked liked a normal cheesecake. It took closer to 75 minutes to bake and I let it sit in an open oven for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. It was the perfect consistency."
"My mom made this for me and my husband's 30th birthday party. It was good and was gone pretty fast!! It is a great combination of cheesecake and carrot cake! Recommend to anyone who loves both."
"Pretty good! The streusel topping is delicious- I recommend using cinnamon graham crackers for it too!"
"I made this cheesecake for new year's celebration. The only thing I don't use was the sour cream. I chose philadelphia & anchor cream cheese, it turned out to be delish! The best part of it was I could taste the cheese, the carrot and a little hint of the cinnamon all blend in together in my taste buds and it tasted absolutely heaven-ish. Just close your eyes as you chew and let your other senses rule, you definitely chewing an awesome cheesecake ever. The best part of it, you made it ;)"
"I made this for my dad and, with all the people in the house, it mysteriously disappeared overnight! One of my sisters even texted me to accuse me of adding something addictive to the cake!"
"Fantastic recipe very easy to make, I omitted the topping still it was very gooood. Thanks for this recipe."
"Delicious Everyone loved it."
"Creamy, mild carrot-cinnamon taste. Kind of like a pumpkin pie. My kids love it! I omitted the streusel and it was still delicious."
"Absolutely terrific. A huge hit."
"This is the best cheesecake we've ever had. Even my son that doesn't like cheesecake LOVED IT!"
"You can also use baby food carrots in the jar saves a lot of time."
"I made this for Thanksgiving this year. It was a big hit! I am having to make another one for my husband to take to work with him for a company party this week."