- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/4 cups finely grated carrots (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and orange peel until smooth; set aside. In another mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, milk and orange juice. Fold in the carrots, raisins and walnuts. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fill greased muffin cups with 2 tablespoons batter. Top each with 2 teaspoons filling; top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forCarrot Cheesecake Muffins
"These were so moist and delicious! Next time I will try adding nuts! As for the layers coming out I followed someone's else advice and put the cream cheese mixture in the fridge/freezer to harden up a bit before adding to muffin pan and they turned out with a nice middle layer! Very addictive!"
"It's just hard to put the filling in... it turn out to become a layer just like the other reviews said. Flavor-wise, it turned out good."
"I made this for a brunch and the results were wonderful. Not a crumb left. So yummy,moist, and filling."
"add 1/2 cup crushed pineapple for added moisture."