Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1-1/3 cups canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- CREAM CHEESE ICING:
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, eggs and sugar. Combine the flour, baking powder, soda and cinnamon; add to wet ingredients and beat well. Stir in carrots and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for about 50 minutes or until cake tests done.
- For frosting, beat cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl. Gradually add the salt, vanilla and milk, beating until smooth. Add additional milk if needed to reach desired consistency. Spread over cooled cake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 597 calories, 32g fat (5g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 341mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (54g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 17, 2015
YOU CAN ALWAYS USE HALF OIL AND HALF APPLESAUCE TO CUT DOWN THE FAT WHICH WOULD MAKE THE CALORIES LESS TOO. I AM GOING TO MAKE THIS RECIPE TODAY. PHYL32
Apr 3, 2012
My family all love this cake. It is so yummy!
Mar 12, 2012
The cake is good but the icing is just a little too sweet. definitely a good idea to add a little more cream cheese and subtract a little of the icing sugar.
Jan 18, 2012
Been using for over 35 years
Oct 17, 2011
This recipe was super easy and tasty. I don't like super sweet frosting so I used 8 oz of cream cheese in the frosting. Turned out good.
Apr 21, 2011
I think there is too much oil in this for me.
Jun 23, 2010
I made this for my friend's birthday (it was the first time I'd made a carrot cake before) and everyone raved about it--even my fiance who doesn't like vegetables and desserts mixed! I like my cream cheese icing a little more cream-cheesy though so I modified it to my taste, but the cake was absolutely delicious!!
Mar 31, 2010
simple ingredients, great taste!! this will be my carrot cake recipe!