- 1-1/2 cups diced carrots (about 6 medium)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup diced peeled apple
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a saucepan, cook carrots in water until crisp-tender; drain. Add butter, brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon; mix well. Stir in apple. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Combine cornstarch and cold water; stir into carrot mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until glazed, stirring constantly. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCarrot-Apple Side Dish
"I thought this was a good easy to follow recipe. It was an interesting combination with a fruit and a veggie that made me want to try it. I paired it with some chicken I had left over from last nights dinner but I think it would go spot on with some smoked ribs off the bbq. My fianc? didn't care for the apple carrot combo he would have preferred just the carrots alone which is a huge compliment to the creator of this recipe because he never eats carrots! Great job."
"The side dish was really good especially with pork. I was so good and sweet."