Carrot Apple Salad Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2 medium tart apples, diced
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 3 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup fat-free reduced-sugar vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a bowl. Add apples to the juice; toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, carrots, raisins, coconut and apples.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over carrot mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 138 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Carrot Apple Salad
"Both my husband and I enjoyed this salad. I do not like mayonnaise so I added extra yogurt."
"Refreshing. Great for a potluck item."
"I make this all the time. My mom found it first in L&T, and passed the recipe to me. Fantastic. Tips: be sure to drain the pineapple well; I use 2/3 cup of other yogurt, such as lemon, orange, etc. in place of the vanilla and plain. Makes it extra special."
"Very Tasty. I replaced the mayo with FF Ranch Dressing. I didn't have vanilla yogurt so I used plain yogurt and added vanilla extract and splenda to sweeten it."
"This is an excellent salad and not what you would expect. It is one of our favorite recipes!"