Caroline’s Basil Boats
Inspired by my grandfather's garden, I created these fresh, simple boats that are always gobbled up in a snap.—Judy Blackburn, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- Place basil leaves on a serving plate. In a large bowl, combine the tomato, carrot and mozzarella cheese; spoon into basil leaves. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 36 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Caroline's Basil Boats in Taste of Home August/September 2009