Caroline’s Basil Boats
Inspired by my grandfather's garden, I created these fresh, simple boats that are always gobbled up in a snap.—Judy Blackburn, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- Place basil leaves on a serving plate. In a large bowl, combine the tomato, carrot and mozzarella cheese; spoon into basil leaves. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; drizzle with dressing.