Inspired by my grandfather's garden, I created these fresh, simple boats that are always gobbled up in a snap.—Judy Blackburn, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Recommended: 100 Ways to Cook Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- Place basil leaves on a serving plate. Combine the tomato, carrot and mozzarella cheese; spoon into basil leaves. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 8 appetizers.
Originally published as Caroline's Basil Boats in Taste of Home August/September 2009, p31
Reviews forCaroline's Basil Boats
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2012
"WHAT AN EXCELLENT IDEA!!! I never thought of stuffing a basil leaf - opens up a whole world of veggies that can be used to hold savory goodies. Thanks Caroline!"