Carolina Shrimp and Cheddar Grits
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Pressure-Cook: 10 min. + releasing Saute: 5 min.
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked old-fashioned grits
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Emeril's® Cajun Seasoning
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in inner pot. Lock pressure lid. Press pressure function; select custom. Press timer; set to 10 minutes. Start.
- Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure. Stir in cheese and butter until melted. Press saute function; select vegetables setting. Set to medium cook time (10 minutes). Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through. If desired, top with additional parsley.