Caribbean Turkey Burgers
Caribbean jerk seasoning--a blend of red pepper, allspice, turmeric, onion and thyme--is an easy way to spice up meat or poultry.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 medium mango, peeled and sliced
- 4 sweet red pepper rings
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble turkey over the mixture and mix just until combined. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve on buns with lettuce, mango slices and red pepper rings.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 436 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 1048mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Caribbean Turkey Burgers in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005