Caribbean Turkey Burgers
Caribbean jerk seasoning--a blend of red pepper, allspice, turmeric, onion and thyme--is an easy way to spice up meat or poultry.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 medium mango, peeled and sliced
- 4 sweet red pepper rings
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble turkey over the mixture and mix just until combined. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve on buns with lettuce, mango slices and red pepper rings.