Caribbean Shrimp Spring Rolls
Kids will love helping wrap up these delicate rolls filled with beautiful, bright ingredients. And you’ll love the burst of flavors in every bite. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Dash ground allspice
- 4 cups shredded Chinese or napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 spring roll wrappers or rice papers (8 inches)
- Hot cooked rice and sweet-and-sour sauce
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in 2 teaspoons oil until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry broccoli in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the coconut milk and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Add cabbage; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cabbage is tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the shrimp, oranges and onions.
- Soak each spring roll wrapper in cool water for 1 minute; place on a flat surface. Place 1/2 cup shrimp mixture down the center of each wrapper to within 1-1/2 in. of ends.
- Fold both ends over filling; fold one long side over the filling, then carefully roll up tightly. Place seam side down on serving plates. Serve immediately with rice and sweet-and-sour sauce.
Nutrition Facts2 spring rolls (calculated without rice and sweet-and-sour sauce): 271 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Caribbean Shrimp Spring Rolls in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011
Sep 20, 2012
I have made this a few times now and everyone loves it. I have even done half the recipe with tofu instead for my step-mother who is vegan and she thought it turned out wonderful that way.