Caribbean Fruit Soup
This fruit soup is a delicious, refreshing way to begin a summer meal. Jerk seasoning gives each spoonful a little kick.—Cheryl Perry, Hertford, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 cup each chopped peeled fresh peaches, nectarines, papaya and mango
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 cup diced cantaloupe
- 1 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 cups frozen non-alcoholic pina colada mix, thawed
- 1 cup passion fruit or mango nectar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, nectarines, papaya, mango, pineapple, cantaloupe, cucumber, red pepper and onions. In a blender or food processor, place half the fruit mixture; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the remaining fruit mixture, pina colada mix, nectar, cilantro, 2 tablespoons lime juice, sugar, jerk seasoning, salt, ginger and jalapeno. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until chilled.
- Toss bananas with remaining lime juice. Garnish soup with bananas and coconut.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 237 calories, 6g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Caribbean Fruit Gazpacho in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.