Caribbean Four-Fruit Salsa
What do you get when you combine raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, a peach, jerk seasoning and lime? A bold, savory salsa...and a fabulous way to dress up any grilled meat. —Cheryl Perry, Hertford, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium peach, chopped
- 1/2 cup each fresh blackberries, blueberries and raspberries
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Chill until serving. Serve with grilled meat, fish or poultry.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 16 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Caribbean Four Fruit Salsa in Simple & Delicious May 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.