Caribbean Chicken Tenderloins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2-1/2 cups cut fresh asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Rub chicken with jerk seasoning. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the asparagus, pineapple and onions in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the cornstarch, pineapple juice and mustard until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 314 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 29, 2010
I didn't have asparagus- used green peppers instead.
Jun 29, 2010
Jun 8, 2010
Everyone loved it!
Jun 6, 2010
This was outstanding! It was sweet, spicy and crunchy. My husband said this definitely goes on the "family favorites" list. A little too spicy for my little ones, so I took some of the tenders and browned them up on the side for them, then gave them some of the rice and the rest of the pineapple from the can.
May 17, 2010
This was very quick, light and delicious. I don't always like pineapple in recipes but I liked this.