Caribbean Chicken Tenderloins for Two
“This recipe is so fast and tasty.” The light and sweet sauce perfectly offsets the bold jerk seasoning. Laura McAllister - Morganton, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1 teaspoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/4 cups cut fresh asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- Rub chicken with jerk seasoning. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 1/2 teaspoon oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the asparagus, pineapple and onions in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Combine the cornstarch, pineapple juice and mustard until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with chicken and rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 328 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Spicy Caribbean Chicken Tenderloins with Pineapple and Asparagus in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010