Caribbean Chicken Caesar Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup thawed non-alcoholic pina colada mix, divided
- 1 cup tangerine or mandarin orange segments
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons crushed pineapple
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 4 pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups torn romaine or iceberg lettuce
- Combine chicken and 1/4 cup pina colada mix. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir chicken mixture over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Combine the tangerines, celery, pineapple, onion and olives in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, mayonnaise, cheese, garlic, salt, pepper and the remaining pina colada mix.
- Add chicken and romaine to the tangerine mixture; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 298 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Jul 17, 2013
We loved this! I used a little less lemon juice! Great recipe! :-)
Jan 15, 2012
This was very good! I used some leftover grilled chicken, just heated it up in the pina colada mix and added more olives - a combination of Greek olives and black. Was very good. Will definitely make this again.
Apr 25, 2010
I left out the olives, celery and onions and grilled the chicken at a BBQ. The dish scored really high with my guests and myself!
Apr 12, 2010
Mar 28, 2010
This was light and tasty. Perfect for a spring day!
Jan 1, 2010
I made this on new year's eve, and it was a huge success! I didn't have the pina colada mix, so I used thawed coconut ice cream instead, and I sprinkled macadamia nuts on top for a finishing touch.