Cardamom Sweet Potatoes
- 1 can (40 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained or 1-1/2 pounds fresh sweet potatoes, cooked
- 9 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a bowl, beat sweet potatoes, 6 tablespoons brown sugar, vanilla, salt, nutmeg and cardamom. Add milk; mix well. Spoon into a greased 1-qt. casserole. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with remaining brown sugar. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
Nov 22, 2015
The cardamom is a little overpowering, I will cut back on it the next time, but I will make it again.
Apr 5, 2015
Yummy! Can actually use less sugar than called for, though.
Dec 31, 1969
These are the best sweet potatoes I have ever had. Easy to prepare and cook along with everything else; not really over sweet!
Mar 23, 2011
Not quite as good as my sister-in-law's, but still had a good flavor.
Feb 1, 2010
The spices make this recipe special.