This cake has a thick cardamom-scented crumb topping, and it brings the family to the table fast when the aroma of the cardamom goes from the oven to the living room. —Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Recommended: 50 Vintage Desserts Worth Trying Today
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13x9-in. pan. Mix first five ingredients until blended; stir in flour until crumbly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together first six cake ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and melted butter; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Top with crumb mixture. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Cardamom Crumb Cake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2017, p131