- 1 cup warm fat-free milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup butter or stick margarine, softened
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3-3/4 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide into thirds. Shape each into a 20-in. rope. Place ropes on a parchment-lined baking sheet; braid. Pinch ends to seal and tuck under. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and water; brush over dough. Sprinkle with sugar and almonds. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews forCardamom Braid with Almonds
"Make this often. Excellent!"
"Delicious! I used the full amount of Cardamom. I will definitely make this recipe again. Thanks."