Card Club Dessert
"My bridge club loves squares of this rich and creamy peanut butter filling over a cookie-crumb crust," shares Margaret Wochos from Mt. Home, Arkansas. "Everyone asks for seconds!"
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 5 min. + cooling
- 30 Oreo cookies, finely crushed (about 2-1/4 cups)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter; set aside 1/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes; cool completely.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes or until thickened. Immediately stir in peanut butter and chocolate. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 383 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Card Club Dessert in Quick Cooking July/August 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.