"My bridge club loves squares of this rich and creamy peanut butter filling over a cookie-crumb crust," shares Margaret Wochos from Mt. Home, Arkansas. "Everyone asks for seconds!"
Recommended: 60 Spring Farmers Market Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 30 creamed-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed (about 2-1/4 cups)
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 package (4 ounces) German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter; set aside 1/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes; cool completely. In a mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes or until thickened. Immediately stir in peanut butter and chocolate. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Card Club Dessert in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p36