Caraway Wheat Biscuits
My family can't eat just one of these fresh-from-the-oven biscuits. Onions make them moist and savory.—Nancy Messmore, Silver Lake Village, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 2-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups grated onions (about 3 medium)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, caraway seeds, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the onions, eggs and oil; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface. Roll dough to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 188 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.