Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups grated onions (about 3 medium)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, caraway seeds, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the onions, eggs and oil; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface. Roll dough to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
1 each: 188 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.