Caraway Wheat Biscuits
My family can't eat just one of these fresh-from-the-oven biscuits. Onions make them moist and savory.—Nancy Messmore, Silver Lake Village, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 2-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups grated onions (about 3 medium)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, caraway seeds, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the onions, eggs and oil; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface. Roll dough to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 188 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Caraway Wheat Biscuits in Taste of Home October/November 1998