Caraway Sour Cream Soup Recipe
A small bowl of this rich soup goes a long way. It's delicious served with crusty French bread.—Kim Gilliland, Simi Valley, California
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onions, celery, carrots and caraway in butter until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat; stir in flour until well blended. Gradually stir in broth. Return to the heat; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes. Combine sour cream and milk; add about 1 cup broth mixture. Return all to the pan; heat through (do not boil). Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 170 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 551mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Caraway Sour Cream Soup
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC