- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter or stick margarine
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; gently knead 6-8 times.
- Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet; pat into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate. bake at 400° for 17-22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCaraway Scones
"I used 1 cup of unbleached flour and 1 cup of rye flour - excellent!!"
"My husband and I just love this recipe. easy to make and it is yummy!"