Caraway Sauerkraut Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (one 27 ounces, one 8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- In a skillet, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp; drain. Add the sauerkraut, tomatoes, brown sugar and caraway seeds. Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 165 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 859mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 18, 2019
I found thie recipe while looking for something different to serve with my pork chops. What a delightful dish. It will be my go to side dish with any pork roast/chops that I make. I am going to save some to put on hot dogs next time I make this. Wonderful flavors.